Fri, Jul 08|
Nopemik Resourcing Internship
A unique experience with T8aminik Rankin, Algonquin hereditary chief and his team, based on the knowledge and history of the nomadic peoples of our region.
Time & Location
Jul 08, 2022, 9:00 AM – Jul 11, 2022, 3:00 PM
Design, La Conception, QC J0T 1M0, Canada
About the event
Do you want to learn more about the precious knowledge of indigenous peoples in terms of survival in the forest and on the waterways?
We invite you to the enchanting setting of Center Kina8at, in the Laurentians, for a unique stay with the Anicinape (Algonquin) hereditary chief, Dominique Rankin, one of the last witnesses to the nomadic way of life of his ancestors.
Throughout the stay, you will receive various lessons such as:
- History and way of life of the nomadic peoples of Quebec - Orientation in the forest and notion of time - Communication by signals - Observation of nature and relationship with animals - Construction of your survival shelter - Typical camp for overnight stays under the stars - Relationship with the canoe (more than a mode of transport!) - Aquatic survival techniques - How to set snares and other lessons on trapping - Preparation of banik and tasting (traditional bread)
Price per person:
- $595.00 plus tax ($684.10 tax included)
- This price includes the services offered by Grandfather T8aminik (and other companions), meals by an excellent caterer and accommodation.
- A deposit of $150.00 will be required to complete registration and secure your reservation.
- This deposit will be non-refundable and non-transferable if you were to cancel your participation 15 days or less before the start of the activity for which you are registered.
- The final payment of $534.10 will be due no later than two weeks before the activity for which you are registered.